Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-07-2008

Greyed out options in bios overclocking

I want to overclock core 2 duo from 1.8 to 2.ghz on stock cool which is a very moderate overclock but when i go into bios options to overclock evertthing is greyed out? Everything is inaccessible & i have read many threads on this issue but all are different in my case as compared. I have a Maxdata computer & have no problems untill now.

Specifications are :
Proccessor E6600
Ram 2 gb DDR2
Asus P5LD2 Mother board
Samsung 250gb HDD
8800gts 320mb

I also tried to upgrade to new bios version but the Asus bios is not compatible, only the bios from Maxdata website according to the asus site. i also thought that core 2 duo 1.8 which meant to be equivalent to 3.6 ghz processor?

thank you for all your comments
Old 30-07-2008

Try the following & see how it goes-

1. Try to remove the AC power cable from the computer
2. Then open the computer chassis
3. For 5 minutes remove the BIOS battery from the motherboard
4. Replace the battery and then the chassis cover
5. Reconnect the AC power cable.

Then follow up by booting up the computer > going into bios > setting the factory defaults
Old 30-07-2008

Maybe your bios wont be supporting the overclocking or maybe am wrong
Old 30-07-2008

Thank you for your response gandalf unfortunatly this has not changed anything it obviously cleared the cmos and i reset the bios to default the only thing it changed was to set my sata's to RAID which i changed back, the overclocking options are still greyed out. I will post a screen shot shortly

Well, the above method only cleared the cmos & still the overclocking options are greyed out. It only changed the settings to det my sata to raid which i again changed back. i appreciate the help thanks

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,