Thread: windows 8 Consumer Preview receiving TV Tuner error messages

windows 8 Consumer Preview receiving TV Tuner error messages

as I was really excited about the latest version of operating system which windows is offering. So I made an installation of it and there were no issues in the beginning but , however after some time I was not able to watch TV or recorded media in Windows Media Center. So how was I able to fix that. Can you provide some solutions in this case.

Re: windows 8 Consumer Preview receiving TV Tuner error messages

I8 have come across this issue and in my terms , restarting the windows update will tend to help or if you have done that and the issue still occurs you should be having some drivers issues and need to correct them. only fresh install works till the computer goes to sleep later a fresh install is necessary once more.

As I have found from some sources there are mainly two kind of errors you might meet after upgrading to Windows 8 Consumer Preview: one is “Copy prohibited” and the other is “Tuner not found”. And If you are tending to get an “Copy prohibited” error, you need to download the update explained by making use of the Windows Update. And If you are tending to get the “Tuner not found” error, you might require to uninstall as well as reinstall the tuner driver. You need to make a note that you may require to make sure the website of the tuner’s manufacturer to attain a driver.

I need to provide some information which will be helpful in your case. and from the start, you need to type “device manager” to bring up Search, choose Settings, plus then choose Device Manager from the results.
    1. You need to Press or else click the arrow besides to Sound, video, in addition to game controllers so that it expands .
    2. You need to Press and hold (or right-click) the Tuner device, along with choose Properties.
    3. Make a choice for the Driver tab, and then choose Uninstall. go after the directions to uninstall the driver.
    4. The Tuner card may at the moment be listed in the Device Manager beneath Other Devices. Press along with hold (or right-click) the Tuner and choose Update Driver Software.
    5. Make an Selection for the search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows Update is not capable to position a driver for your device, you will require to call the website of the maker of the TV Tuner card to discover the appropriate driver.

I was also with the same issue and I have tried with the above one. I was not able to find the solution and that issue was persisting. But after some time after re-installing the tuner driver, you will require to endure the Windows Media Center first-run setup so that you are able to migrate settings. And you will be ultimately with the exact solution.

As my friends are also experiencing the same issue , I've found that Windows Media Center in Windows 8 CP is not able to view again , from sleep/standby correctly. After waking the PC from sleep as well as running Media Center, I obtain "Tuner not found". If I tend to close media center, and then kill the tuner process in Task Manager along with restart media center, it will tend to work once more.

Hey guys , the previous posts says it all correctly. And I have tried with another method. I have also tried with killing the *in-band guide loader", and that has also helped me a lot. it has the major side-effect of making scheduled recording not possible, because the PC approximately for all time sleeps previous to a recording comes around .

I am as well having a like issue . I made an installation of the drivers finely with no errors. I have a WinfastTV DIB7700 TV tuners . When I move into the media centre to setup the TV tuners it denotes that the TV tuners are not able to recognize. I have been making use of the TV tuners because the release of Windows 7 with no errors at all ever.

This was the only issue concerning in my case and then I did another new install and it worked for about a day, similar concern with wmc service was not able to run ehrecvr, Windows was not able to start the windows media center receiver service on local computer. I was with this issue after this. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly . in addition I am not able to recognize which even log I require for Media Center? If concerned with an Media Center which even do I require to run it properly.

I'm not certain but I believe I found the problem, I was with my codec pack for WMC, Shark 007, the moment I made an UN-installation of it; and WMC start recording my shows. I had an restart of the computer, and then put to sleep, I was fine with the solution. I have to locate codec for .mkv and all others. I made an uninstall of the Lame Codec along with any other third party codecs, and then made an restart and see if the issue was resolved.

I made an reinstallation of the media center pc from scratch (new VM with the Win 8 CR iso), in addition with this , I also made an installation of the tuner driver, and made an setup of the Media Center, also made an connection of the XBOX 360 as extender. The problems was solved and I am able to play (live or recorded) TV halts/freezes after some couple of minutes as well as the Network Performance Tuner will not tend to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    I'm not certain but I believe I found the problem, I was with my codec pack for WMC, Shark 007, the moment I made an UN-installation of it; and WMC start recording my shows. I had an restart of the computer, and then put to sleep, I was fine with the solution. I have to locate codec for .mkv and all others. I made an uninstall of the Lame Codec along with any other third party codecs, and then made an restart and see if the issue was resolved.
    You are right about shark007 codecs conflict with WMC receiver service.. or nearly: in fact the problem is only x64 version of shark007 codecs.. it's enough to uninstall only x64 codecs in order to get perfect tv receiving and tv tuner individuation from WMC.
    Maybe future or win8x64 dedicated versions of famous codecs will solve it..
    Though, what about who has the same issue, if any, but without shark007 x64 codecs installation?