Thread: file acpiec.sys is corrupted

file acpiec.sys is corrupted

My electricity went out a few weeks ago. Then afterwards it flickered on and off again a few times. After a while it comes back on. So I turn on my computer, and I notice I can't type anything in Windows. I try unplugging and plugging back in the Keyboard connection, wiggling it around, etc. Nothing. Then I reboot. That doesn't work. I buy a new usb keyboard and installed the driver on the cd. Stil not worked. I try a system restore, which also not work. So I put in the XP cd figuring I could try & do a repair or w/e. I wait a bit for the files or w/e to load, and then I get this:

The file acpiec.sys is corrupted
    Now I've searched around google and I wasn't able to find much help. Plus it seems like the other people who had the problem couldn't even get into Windows. I can get in, but my keyboard(s) won't do jack.

I want to only reformat my computer as a last resort. Any other ways I can fix this?

no it is in windows i am afraid windows xp reinstallation is what i would HAVE to go for

Nevermind it was fixed by Windows. Mine always gives me the 'new hardware/device installed' thing, but it popped up saying HID keyboard, so I decided to give it a shot once more, since that sounded more specific. I fully expected it to fail, but lo and behold, I could type in notepad.