Thread: Do the Low Disk Space in the system drive hamper the performance of the Operating system and How?

Do the Low Disk Space in the system drive hamper the performance of the Operating system and How?

Hi all,

I have a very simple query... Can anyone tell me whther the performance of the Operating system can be affected by low disk space on the system drive... Or does the performance of the machine only depends on the RAM attached to the system.???
    Can anyone suggest me how can i improve the performance of the system without makin changes in my system's hardware configuration

Thanks in anticipation,
    Dhirendra

Quote Originally Posted by dhirendra1984 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a very simple query... Can anyone tell me whther the performance of the Operating system can be affected by low disk space on the system drive... Or does the performance of the machine only depends on the RAM attached to the system.???
    Can anyone suggest me how can i improve the performance of the system without makin changes in my system's hardware configuration

Thanks in anticipation,
    Dhirendra
    Please guys i need this information ASAP.... Please do reply to this post......

Re: Do the Low Disk Space in the system drive hamper the performance of the Operating system and How?

Absolutly, imagine your hard drive as a jar. if you fill up that jar with 10 m&m's all green and one red its gunna be easy to find that red one. now if you put 1000 in there its gunna take you longer and more of your effort to find that one red one. the more space you have filled up, the longer it is going to take and the more recourses it is going to need to work.

Re: Do the Low Disk Space in the system drive hamper the performance of the Operating system and How?

Thanks for the information celcius . but this is an old thread, don't reply to old thread (Bump) . you can look for new Thread created by member