Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011

Re: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator.

Even i faced this kinda problem. ...well my problem was like my control panel was missing and i couldn't check my system info...or run the reg edit in Start>Run..
the same stupid thing use to pop-up..This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator....i was like wht the heck am i suppose to do now..

So if any of you people have problem just like me just type in this in your Run this well some how fix your regedit.......
Step as follow:-

Click start
Start>Run>
then type or simply just copy paste this in your run dialog box....
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Hopefully this will unable your reg edit

then to get your control panel back
Do the Following
Click start
Start>Run> regedit
Ctrl + F (The find box will pop up)
then type in nocontrolpanel
then over there you file find
NoControlPanel REG_DWORD 0x00000001
Make that 1 to 0
and then you can access your control panel...the control panel will be back to it old place.....

This is all i did to get my pc workin back to normal... ^^

I hope this help you guyZ

Ciao Guyz
Old 30-10-2011

Re: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator.

guys, i cant even find my control panel, access has been restricted by the virus, can any1 help out?? tyvm......
Old 30-10-2011

dint work 4 me, d console appeared 4 only lik a fraction on a sec
Old 31-10-2011

The error appears when the virus hijacks your admin account. It changes your file permission, so that the antivirus tool or the user cannot make changes to the system. The best way to deal with this is first to run a full system scan. Second runs system restore and if you are trying to delete any file then you can use a tool called unlocker. This tool lets you to gain full access to any file and folder. Just right click and unlock. Then you can delete the file, or else there is no option rather formatting your system completely.
Old 02-12-2011

Here are instructions I was given to solve this problem.

Click on "Start" button
Click on "Control Panel"
Click on "Default Programs"
Click on "Set programs access & Computer defaults"
Options for Chosing a configuration, Click on "Microsoft Windows"
Click on 'okay'

That will get you back to where you started out.
Old 28-04-2012

I got this error in outlook express when I clicked on a email link. I tried a number of time but still the same error appear. After a hours of messing up I found the solution for this. The issue cause of a feature which is deactivates because of no admin right. For you will need to restore a registry key which is located at - HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command. This is key which is either damaged or corrupted. To restore that you need to run registry editor. You can do that manually also. But to fix that I will advice you to use any better registry cleaner tool.
Old 02-05-2012

The corrupt services in windows cause this issue and this can be due to virus also. The most you can do is reset the settings of any email client or web browser where you are facing the problem. Reset the settings by going in Internet Option > Advance menu and then check one more time. If not login in admin account again and check. A restart simply fix the issue. It the problem appears a number of time try to run system restore.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,