Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP: Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

Operating Systems

Old 10-09-2007

question XP: Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

I recently uninstalled a game, but it left its Start Menu folder. I figured I could just delete it and it'd be gone, but no luck. I went into Safe Mode and tried deleting it there, and still no luck. I've even gone into the command line, and it shows up on dir but when I try to delete it I get the error message "The system cannot find the file specified." If I drag an icon from the main list into that folder, it creates a new folder with the exact same name (which shouldn't be possible, if I do it with any other folder I get an error message) and I can create a folder with the same name manually. I'm at a loss of what to do here. Thanks for the help.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,