Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP - No username/password box

Operating Systems

Old 21-04-2007

Windows XP - No username/password box

Recently had a power surge at my apartment and my computer was was shut down.. When I restarted, it went to the blue log in screen where it says "Windows. To begin, click your user name".. The problem is that there is no login or password box like there was before..

Tried starting the PC in safe mode but the same screen came up. Also tried to login by doing the CTRL-ALT-DLT twice but it's not accepting my username/password.

Anyone had this problem??? Please help!?!

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Old 21-04-2007

I guess, the windows file has got corrupt. & you can repair the same by putting the windows xp cd to get things going on again.
Old 21-04-2007

Alright, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help! Btw, will this cause me to lose any of my data or programs??
Old 21-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
Alright, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help! Btw, will this cause me to lose any of my data or programs??
while repairing,nope, but while formatting & starting from the first, Yes.
Old 22-04-2007

stupid question, but I'm a rookie.. How do I run the Microsoft XP disk if I can't log in?? I inserted the disk and nothing.. I rebooted and it goes to the login screen (with missing username/password box) but I don't know how to run the disk to repair without being able to log in..

confused..

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,