Thread: how to install windows xp on lan from a cd?

how to install windows xp on lan from a cd?

Hello
    i want to install a new windows xp on my PC
    lately i had errors which prevented me frm having my pc booting from PC so i need to format the PC and install a new window
    How can i boot a window CD from a cd rom which is on the local network when i can't get in to my old window ?
    i want a way to run the setup file on a CD on the local network from my pc somewhere before the pc boots from the HardDisk.
    i think it works using a bootable floppy disk but i dont know the comands that will allow me starting the setup file in a cd room in an other PC than mine in my Local Area Network
    limitations : No CD Rom on my pc
    I dont see the crean that asks me to choose windows on start up( which operating system i want 0

Please help me

Re: how to install windows xp on lan from a cd?

You are making this a LOT more complicated than it has to be. Can your PC boot from it's CD? If not, why not? If the CDROM drive is bad, get anothere, at least for the install. Set the computer to boot from CDROM first in the BIOS, insert the CD and restart the machine.

It's that simple.
    My Rig:
    Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard - 14000 Rs.
    Graphic Card Ati Sapphire HD 4870 Card - 19000 Rs.
    Smps Corsair 750 Watts - 8200 Rs.
    Corsair Twin 2x 2048 - 8500c5ram (800mhz) - 3000 Rs.
    NZXT Zero Cabinet - 7500 Rs.
    Pentium Quad Core Q9300 Lga 775 Cpu - 12500 Rs.
    250 Gb Hdd Seagate sata - 2350 Rs.
    Dvd Writer Samsung 20x Ide/ Sata - 1500 Rs.

that's the problem man
    the problem is that am using a laptop by which it's impossible to get for it a cd rom
    am living in an isolated place at the moment so i can't find a cd rom for it

can you please give me a way to solve this problem . giving me a way to boot from a cd rom on the lan will be great
    plz help guys

here is the poblem again (lots of errors in writing)
    Code:
    i want to install a new window on my PC
    lately i had errors which prevented me frm having my pc booting from PC so i need to format the  PC and install a new window
    How can i boot a window CD from a cd rom which is on the local network when i can't get in to my old window ?
    i want a way to run the setup file on a CD on the local network from my pc somewhere before the pc boots from the HardDisk.
    i think it works using a bootable floppy disk but i dont know the comands that will allow me starting the setup file in a cd room in an other PC than mine in my Local Area Network
    ny the wa am in an isolated area at the moment i cant's get a cd rom so i have to use the cd on the lan .  Please tell me how can i start 
    hints : the pc can't boot from hard disk because my pc was hit by a virus attac 
    i created an other partision on my hd and installed a window on it but i messed around by a program used to manage partitions and messed stuff around which prevented me from booting from hd anymore 
    please i reallt need a way to format my hd from a cd on the local network
    i still have the floppy disk booting if possible to be done by a bootable disk or so 
    please tell me how to run the setup from a pc on the local network i really need help
    Please help me

Expect lots of pain!

Can you boot from a floppy drive? Are you able to put your laptop's hard drive into another laptop (just to copy Windows files onto it)?

BartPE provides some extremely sophisticated possibilities, but as I said before, expect pain!

If you can access floppy drives, you could try a Linux install instead.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600