Thread: Windows XP and Foxmail problem

Windows XP and Foxmail problem

Hello,
    I have a Dell vostro 540 with windox XP, when I try to install Internet Explorer 7, it starts the installation and after a while a window opens telling me: Internet Explorer 7 could not be installed. I cannot see the error code as am in office right now.

Can anyone help me?

As for the other problem is that my brother is on microphone, he uses Foxmail and everything works well, but since this morning he launched his e-mail software Foxmail and he sees in the open bar, there is also the launch page that instantly disappears, then nothing, so he can no longer use the software to read or write mails, or anything .... it became like a ghost. He looked around the screen to see if he had hidden in a corner but it is not. What to do ????? Thank you very much for your help.
    Nothing in life is garaunteed, except death.

Re: Windows XP and Foxmail problem

Mainly when a program closes instantly after opening, it is a general problem. And normally, the program would display an error if it is or if it closes without error message is that the programmer to forget or fail to include this feature in its program. So as a first step, you download and install this software on the PC of your brother!
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896642.aspx

and before the launching of Foxmail you start this program. Open Foxmail and after it is closed again, stop the capture events simply by clicking in the window of Filemon and doing CTRL + E, or go to the menu "file" (file) and click "Capture Events" to remove the function of the capture event.
    and after you perform a "save as" (save as) and you choose type in "all", and that tells you as a file extension Filemon. txt (no log). Open the text file and simply copy and paste the error reports here and equally you do this for your problem with IE.

Have you tried uninstalling IE 6 first and then trying to install

If nothing else works, perhaps help here
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../ie/iefaq.mspx

Or you can remove XP SP3 and then install IE7 and then reinstall SP3.

Just an FYI about the ACF program info pages - the apps that are labeled (n.r.) don't make entries in the registry. The (n.i.) (n.r.) notes are a bit hit and miss - as many authors don't note that info on their web pages (I usually glean the (n.r.) info from posts to ACF). IOW - absence of a (n.r.) notation does NOT necessarily mean the app does write to the registry.

I hope the above explanation is clear. . .