Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BartPE: Live Windows XP SP2 CD

IF someone is going through the process of making a Bart-PE disk, can you pls. soup-up a small step-by-step walkthrough? It will be very helpful for newbies trying this.

I will modify/add more stuff and correct things for you, if you can come with a quick 'n dirty guide..

Quick and dirty? Sounds like what I did. I read everything on Bart's site and downloaded the PEBuider. Unpacked the files into the PEBuider folder and then read everything readable in the files. Still not quite sure what I was doing, I ran the program and followed the prompts, checking off all the plugins that came with the main program. When it got through doing it's thing it made an iso file and I burned that to a CD and booted from the CD. IT worked!! OK, now I added a new plugin or 3 and tried out the "install to hard drive" plugin "pehdinst". Works great for testing. I have plug and play working, with DirectX 9 and sound - video is being a bit of a hazzle for me, (I'm not a coder or network administrator), but as nice as the rest works, this will work it's way out also.

ThumbsUp

^^
    Yep yep It's fantastic powertool and with adding all those bootimages of CIA commander ,Easy recover, AIDA etc etc. it's Admin's swiss knife

And with "XPE for Bart" we get the same Windows XP classic desktop. Though I'm going thru hell installing my sound, modem driver.

hey ferrari, thats really cool, great info and thread, even simple for us old folks who are computer newbies i had never heard of this till now and i learned something new here, ty ferrari
    hawk here :
    slackware 10; Debian Sarge; Netbsd; server Openbsd; Windows 2000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12