Thread: What could be the license cost of official Windows 10 version

What could be the license cost of official Windows 10 version

Windows 10 Technical Preview is just an testing version that is released for all. And soon a final version will be coming out. I am trying to find out the actual cost of this OS and what will be the new editions in it. Like Windows 7 use to have Home, Premium, Ultimate, etc. I had not seen anything in Windows 8 and 8.1. And if I am having Windows 8 already then will there be any discount on the final edition of Windows 10.

Re: What could be the license cost of official Windows 10 version

Microsoft is going to provide Windows 10 upgrade free to Windows 8 users. It does not matter how many system you are having. If you are using Windows 8 on all of them then you wont have to pay anything extract for Windows 10 upgrade. You will get that for free. So this is a kind of good news for all Windows 8 users. There are lot of things that has to fixed in Windows 10. The current edition is not upto the mark and has lot of compatibility problem. I think still Windows 7 is the best one.

Re: What could be the license cost of official Windows 10 version

I agree with that. Yet it is not clarified officially that Windows 10 will be free for Windows 8 users. We will have to wait for the final version to be coming out in the market. I am quiet sure that most of the Windows 8 users will be getting this for free. This time I am quiet excited to test Cortana on Windows 10. This will be integrated with lots of voice command which is quiet helpful to use on portable devices like net-books and tablets.