Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-09-2014

How to pair Bluetooth Headset in Windows 8.1

I am using a Bluetooth Headset and am looking to pair it in the Bluetooth Adaptor in Windows 8.1 but it will not pair at all. I even tried to pair my mobile phone but to no avail. All I am getting is a message that states "No devices found". I have already downloaded the Windows 8.1 compatible bluetooth driver and have installed it and also get a message that says "Your Bluetooth software is up to date" but still it wont work? Any ideas how to get it working? Thanks
Old 20-09-2014

Re: How to pair Bluetooth Headset in Windows 8.1

Can you try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter to troubleshoot the bluetooh headset and see if that works. To do that press Windows key to launch the Start Screen. After that type Troubleshooting and then click on Troubleshooting. You will come across a new window where you need to click View all on the left hand side. Now, go to the list of options and then click on Hardware and devices. After that click Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
Old 22-09-2014

It also might be possible that your Bluetooth service is turned off, so you will need to set it to Automatic. To do that press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to open Run dialog box and then type services.msc and press Enter. After that right click on the Bluetooth support service and then click on Properties. You will then have to set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status and then click on OK.
Old 23-09-2014

Are you having a Windows 8.1 computer with a built-in Bluetooth from Qualcomm Atheros Communications? If yes, then your blutooth will no longer work after you have upgraded to Windows 8.1 operating system. You can try to go to Device Manager and you will find a Bluetooth section and in there you will find something like "Bluetooth USB Module". The main reason is that the Qualcomm Atheros Communications Bluetooth is built into the Wifi Adaptor but it really doesnt matter.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,