Thread: bluetooth missing on windows 8.1

bluetooth missing on windows 8.1

I am using a Toshiba laptop and that has Bluetooth ACPI chipset. After upgrading to Windows 8.1, I am not able to see Bluetooth option anywhere. Previously when I was having Windows 8 then Bluetooth file transfer used to work properly. I also went into the Settings > PC and Devices or anywhere in the Setting but still could not find Bluetooth option. Even in Device Manager and under System Devices I cannot find the Bluetooth ACPI listed anywhere. So, if anyone can help me getting back the bluetooth support, it would be appreciated.

Re: bluetooth missing on windows 8.1

Have you tried to update the drivers which could be available via Windows Update. You can check that in Windows Update by clicking on View available updates to look for some updated drivers available for your device. Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery. Tap or click Check now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC. If updates are found, tap or click Install updates. More information can be found here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...ate-faq#1TC=t1

If the above solution doesnt work then I would suggest you to check if Bluetooth Support service has been started on your pc or not. To do that, press Windows key + R and then type services.msc and then press ok. After that find the Bluetooth Support Service and start it and then set it to Automatic. If still this doesnt work then try to download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer's website from here - http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

I would suggest you to follow some of my steps and see if that helps you out. First of all press the Windows Logo + R key on your keyboard and then type services.msc and then press Enter. After that find the Bluetooth Support Service and double click on it. Now try to click on the Log on tab. After that, in this account text box, you need to type NT AUTHORITY\LocalService. Now try to set both Password fields blank and then click apply and ok. Hope this helps.