Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-09-2014

Quad Core Windows XP pc restarting with blue screen

All the way my pc was working well. It is a Quad core pc with 4GB ram and Windows XP on the same. There are three hard drive in the same. One is 160GB that has Windows XP on it and two are 500GB each. I am not able to figure out why the pc is just restating with a blue screen. It keeps on crashing on its own. It is very weird. I had not used the pc for a few couple of days. I had changed the cpu fan recently as it was facing overheating issue. The problem is now solved but now this new issue occur. When turn it on it works well for few minutes until it reach the windows screen and then reboot with blue screen.
Old 15-09-2014

Re: Quad Core Windows XP pc restarting with blue screen

There might be something that is causing the issue. Some hardware which ios connected to the pc. You have to disconnect that. It can be a usb hub, or any front port usb header, anything that can cause the issue. Go in the bios and check once that you had not turned on anything new which can also be the reason behind the crash. You have to disconnect the same and then test back. Try to boost your pc in safe mode. If possible try to note down the blue screen error that you are getting. It will be lot more easier to troubleshoot the pc on that basis. And I think this will start working once you disconnect additional hardware.
Old 16-09-2014

Re: Quad Core Windows XP pc restarting with blue screen

You can try cleaning the ram which I think will help you in fixing the issue. You can just remove it and then try back. If there are multiple sticks in your pc then remove a single one and leave the pc working in the background. And then test the another one. There can be ram issue also. Because it is one of the most common reason behind blue screen crash. If nothing works then you have two things to do. First running a repair setup that will not touch your data and second installing windows back again from scratch if you are done with backup. This will give you more stable operating system. You can start with taking file backup using a bootable live cd.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,