Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2014

What are the things in Windows partition that consume maximum space

Even after providing 100GB space to Windows partition I am still getting low space errors. I am quiet not able to figure out which thing in windows is eating so much space. It is very hard to find this thing manually. I install a lot of software and game and I thought 100GB would be more than enough. But what I can find is maximum space is used up and there is only 12GB left. Soon I will get the low disk space error on my screen. I am in need of help to fix this issue. Does granting more 100GB space to the windows partition is going to help. Or there is something I can do to keep the storage space empty.
Old 12-09-2014

Re: What are the things in Windows partition that consume maximum space

There can be lot of thins. Your download folder, recycle bin, temporary files, etc. You have to run Disk Cleanup to find out the same. In my case my Recycle bin consume around 8GB of space and there was around 3GB of temporary files. After deleting that I am almost saving 11GB. And then comes the download folder. You have to go in that and delete all the downloads or move them to any other place if you are looking for the backup. Your C drive will get more and more empty. So just try checking that first. Disk Cleanup is going to help you in keeping the C drive empty and save a lot of space also.
Old 13-09-2014

Re: What are the things in Windows partition that consume maximum space

You said that you are installing a lot of games and applications. You can right click on your program files folder and find out the amount of space consumed by all the software and games. You have to remove those thing to get a lot of space. I had seen this issue in my pc. When I install a new games I always get a lot disc error. That is because the C drive is already filled up with lot of stuff. I removed them and done. There is more than 40GB I can get. Second thing you have to see is the download folder as mentioned above. And the last one that you have to check is your desktop. See how much file is kept on it. Move them to other partition.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,