Thread: What is the use of Action Center in Windows 7

What is the use of Action Center in Windows 7

I was just checking out the settings of Windows 7 where I found a Action Center. I want to know what is the use of this. There is no antivirus provided in this nor there is any beneficial security options. It is a bit confusing. I found this when I was trying to turn on those flag notification that appear in the system tray. I never saw this before. Is there anything I can do to use this effectively. Like protecting the pc from a virus or malware. I am facing a lot of virus issue recently. I had formatted my pc two times in last two months even after being having a antivirus

Re: What is the use of Action Center in Windows 7

Action Center is not something that offer you different security tools, like like a notification center of Windows. You can enable and disable various warning from the same. Like if you are not having a antivirus in your pc then you will get a notification popup in system tray. If your windows is having old updates then you will get the message. That's it. It only works for that. I had disabled everything from there. It is very annoying when you are playing games. You always keep on getting the popup on the screen that never goes. AT the left side there is change action settings. Click on that and disable all the notification.

Re: What is the use of Action Center in Windows 7

Action Center is divided into two option. At the top you can see security and at the bottom you can see Maintenance. You can click on the Maintenance part and use a few good things to make your system work a lot more better. Like if there is any kind of error report in your system then you can click on check for solutions. You can configure backup through that place. You can also run latest updates and troubleshoot the pc. I use this sometime when my system is not working fine. You can create a full system recovery disk through this and restore your pc from that if it does not work well.