Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014

Does Windows has any option to configure UPS

I am using a ups on my system and I want some way to configure its settings. I hope the ups is not just like a regular power supply unit. We can do something in windows to use it more effectively. Is there a third party software through which I can make it more efficient in usage. I had tried looking around for the settings. But can find any software that can help me to configure the ups as per my need. Like the ups does not give any kind f alarm when the battery is down there is only a red light that glows up.
Old 06-09-2014

Re: Does Windows has any option to configure UPS

You can do that in Windows. But there is nothing much a available. You can find a few settings for configuration of the ups in Power Options. It is located in Control Panel. Just go in that and open it. And there you can find a UPS tab. Click on it and then click on Configure. A dialog box appear up where you have to go in more settings. You can simply enable all the notifications in the same. This will display a set of different warnings related to ups. Like low power, or switching the pc to another power source.
Old 09-09-2014

Re: Does Windows has any option to configure UPS

There is a Critical alarm section in the same settings. This is good to turn on. When there is low battery left in the ups you will get the alarm on your screen. And this is quiet easy to use. Just before minutes when the battery is about to drain you will get a critical alarm on the same. To use the same you have to click on the check box in the same power section. There are many things like this. You can also turn on power option to let your system work a lot more better.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,