Thread: smdmf Error

smdmf Error

Hello, I keep getting this error message popping up on my computer.

c:/program files/settings manager/smdmf/sysapcrt/dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Can anyone please tell me what I have to do to fix this?

Re: smdmf Error

Quote Originally Posted by claudiathompson View Post
    Hello, I keep getting this error message popping up on my computer.

c:/program files/settings manager/smdmf/sysapcrt/dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Can anyone please tell me what I have to do to fix this?
    It looks to me like a malware problem in your system. So, try to scan your computer with Malwarebytes Antimalware sofrware which you can easily download for free by searching it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    It looks to me like a malware problem in your system. So, try to scan your computer with Malwarebytes Antimalware sofrware which you can easily download for free by searching it on the internet.
    I used the malwarebytes yesterday but the problem still persists.

It makes me wonder if instead of malware it could be something that's missing?

Can you go in Control Panel and list out the latest things that you have installed in your computer. I would suggest you to download Adwcleaner program which is a free tool created by Xplode designed to remove adware (advertising programs), PUP/LPIS toolbars (toolbars grafted to the browser) and the hijackers.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    Can you go in Control Panel and list out the latest things that you have installed in your computer. I would suggest you to download Adwcleaner program which is a free tool created by Xplode designed to remove adware (advertising programs), PUP/LPIS toolbars (toolbars grafted to the browser) and the hijackers.
    I installed the Adwceaner and it seems to have removed the problem now. Thanks so much!