Thread: after installing Windows 8.1 update cannot uninstall RealPlayer Cloud

after installing Windows 8.1 update cannot uninstall RealPlayer Cloud

I have recently updated to Windows 8.1 and after that I found a RealPlayer Cloud listed as a device on my pc which was never before. So, when I tried to uninstall it from the Control Panel then it was giving me some issues unsinstalling it. I also used the uninstall program from the official website of Realplayer but it didnt work either. Now I am out of any method on how to get rid of this program once and for all from my system. If anyone knows how to remove RealPlayer Cloud from Windows 8.1 then please help me out? Thanks

Re: after installing Windows 8.1 update cannot uninstall RealPlayer Cloud

Even I had the same problem removing the RealPlayer Cloud from my system. Eventually after a lot of research I finally found a solution for this problem. I was just navigating the Windows Explorer until I found and uninstall command prompt inside the Real Folder which was located in this directory - c:/program files/real/RealPlayer/RPDS. When I double clicked on it then it uninstalled the files and removed most of the folders, including the shortcut for Cloud. It was also not listed in the Programs List as well.

You can also try to disable the popup that keeps asking you to sign in to the RealPlayer Cloud on your Windows 8.1 computer. To do this, open Control Panel and then go to Administrative Tools. After that double click on Services and scroll down to find "RealPlayer Cloud Service". Now right click on the Realplayer Cloud Service icon and go to Properties. After that click on Startup Type and then click on dropdown box and change it to manual. Now, click on Apply and then OK. Reboot your computer and thus the popup will be gone forever.

If none of the solutions is working for you then try to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8. To do that, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable. Close Task Manager. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Source: - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135