Thread: Windows 7 Pc takes long time to show desktop after gaming

Windows 7 Pc takes long time to show desktop after gaming

I am having a standard gaming pc. There is a single graphic card that belongs to Nvidia 600 series. I am having AMD FX series processor and 4GB RAM. I had installed a few games in the system. Like Saint Rows, Battlefield, etc. When I exit the game it takes a long time for desktop to appear. Sometime there is just a black screen. And slowly the icon appears on the screen. I want to some help to speed this thing up. The game starts well. But the exit process is really time consuming. I want some help here.

Re: Windows 7 Pc takes long time to show desktop after gaming

It can be due to too many series working in the background. Your ram might be a lot more occupied due to which you are getting the issue. You have to clean your system by removing a few applications. When you are planing the game minimize the same. And then start task manager. Go in processes and see what all processes are working. Your ram is too much occupied due to which you are facing such issue and you can fix that by cleaning up the pc a bit. Try to remove things from the startup by using msconfig. And then test back.

This can be because of extreme slow passage that your antivirus provides! Try downloading quickheal trial and check if its fine now!

It can also be due to a slow hard drive. If there is lots of things loaded on your drive then your pc will respond slowly. There are few things you can do to increase the output. You can first try running Disk Cleanup software. This tool is the best one to remove temporary files from the system. Then the next thing you can do is try running Disk Defragmentation. This software is simple and time consuming. It will re-arrange the data in your pc and then you can test the performance once again. I am quiet sure this will help.