Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2014

Is there a way to install windows back again without keyboard

I have a old pc at my uncles home. And it was having Windows XP on the same. Something happened to the pc which caused boot failure. The keyboard is also not working. The pc has a ps2 port and I think it is very hard to find a ps2 keyboard. I am going for a visit this weekend and want to know how install windows back again without adding a keyboard. I am having the cd with me. I am trying to look out for some automatic installation procedure but there is nothing. And as far as I know we mostly have to use the keyboard at the time of setup.
Old 22-08-2014

Re: Is there a way to install windows back again without keyboard

You will need a keyboard for a proper setup. Or else it is not going to work. I am not sure you can go with that without having a keyboard. Because first you have press the del or f12 key to configure default boot media. And from the windows installation screen you have to make changes in the partition and other stuff. I will advice you to buy a keyboard and then go with setup. If you try to do the same without that it will be a real waste of time. You can buy cheap ps2 keyboards on ebay which I think can help.
Old 25-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
I have a old pc at my uncles home. And it was having Windows XP on the same. Something happened to the pc which caused boot failure. The keyboard is also not working. The pc has a ps2 port and I think it is very hard to find a ps2 keyboard. I am going for a visit this weekend and want to know how install windows back again without adding a keyboard. I am having the cd with me. I am trying to look out for some automatic installation procedure but there is nothing. And as far as I know we mostly have to use the keyboard at the time of setup.
ya you could run startup repair and it can do the job but whithout keyboard its impossible to tun startup repain in xp (possible in win7) as you have to type certain commands..
dont your computer support usb keyboard??
Old 30-08-2014

You can find ample of cheap ps2 keyboards on ebay and you can use the same. I am quiet sure that it is not really possible to install windows without having a keyboard. You are going to install Windows XP which is quiet outdated and you will already face a few problem in the installation. You can try one thing but that is again a lengthy and complicated procedure. If you can find a pc with similar motherboard then you can install windows on that and then connect that hard drive to the pc. And it will work.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,