Thread: Windows 8 does not recognize my keyboard in sleep mode

Windows 8 does not recognize my keyboard in sleep mode

I have a laptop that has Windows 8 on the same. After 15 to 20 minutes when I leave my pc it goes back in the safe mode. But when I hit the space key continuously the laptop does not wake up. I have to press the power button to turn it on. Is this is a fault in the laptop. In my desktop when I hit the space key it turns on. But in laptop this thing is not working. I had battery issue in last few months. I got a new one and now it is working well. But this sleep issue is still constant.

Re: Windows 8 does not recognize my keyboard in sleep mode

If you are annoyed with this then you can do on thing. You can simply disable the power settings so that the laptop does not go in sleep mode. It will remain active all the time. Even when you put down the lid. I do not think this is some kind of fault. It can be the power settings. You can find the same in control panel where you can troubleshoot the same. You can configure the power settings as per your need. And make ti minimum. Sometime it happens due to old ram the system has to work hard to wake back from the sleep mode.

Re: Windows 8 does not recognize my keyboard in sleep mode

No this is not a fault. It is common in many laptops. I am having a Toshiba model where I have exactly the same issue. And this occur when you leave the laptop for long time on sleep mode. The laptop goes in complete shutdown mode. But the ram is active and it has all your programs and desktop settings saved. When you hit the power button you can see the lock screen. You have to type the password and you are back on your last work. It is not a issue. You must leave the power settings as it was before.