Thread: playing Risk II game on Windows 7?

playing Risk II game on Windows 7?

I am on a Windows 7 64bit edition computer with Intel onboard graphics. I am trying to run Risk II game on my computer with so many methods but none is working. When I am trying to launch the game then it loads fine but after getting to the main screen and when I click on single player the screen doesnt move at all. I have all the latest graphics driver installed on my pc. Can anyone please help me out to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: playing Risk II game on Windows 7?

You can try to make older games run in the latest version of Windows. To do that open the Program Compatibility troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Programs, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter. For more information, you can visit this website here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

If the above method is not working for you then try to install Windows XP in your pc Virtually. This way you will be able to install the game in Windows XP mode. To do that, you need to first of all download and install Windows XP mode from this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-in-windows-7. After that click Start and then click All Programs and then click Windows XP mode. Now try to open the game setup file and install it in your pc. Just try to test by launching the game whether it is running or not.

If still the above solutions doesnt work then try to use the Windows XP Compatibility mode and see if that works. To do that right click on the .exe file of the game and go to Properties. After that click on the Compatibility mode and then choose the option to Run this Program in Compatibility mode and tick mark Windows XP Sp3. Another option would be to simply add the extension of "-noavi" without the quotes at the games shortcut, like this for example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Risk II\RiskII.exe" -noavi