Thread: Planing to install Windows 7 64bit on new iMac

Planing to install Windows 7 64bit on new iMac

I am planing to dual boot iMac. I am thinking of installing a 64bit Windows 7 on the same. There are few helpful application which I use on my Windows pc and instantly switching to iMac is bit complicated. Many things I am not able to figure out. For example the most common issue I am facing is with Microsoft Word crash. I had installed a mac version and it is just crashing up. In Windows I can simply use those programs more effectively. I want to know the process for that.

Re: Planing to install Windows 7 64bit on new iMac

Dual booting a windows pc is lot more easier than imac. IT is very complicated to dual boot mac system due to its complexity. You can still try that. But before doing that I will recommend you to backup your data. You have to use a third party boot loader software for the same. Mac hard drive have different set of partition format. Which is not going to work in Windows. I will recommend you to stick with mac only and try to learn the same. The usage will keep on getting simpler.

Re: Planing to install Windows 7 64bit on new iMac

There is one ay you can use windows and mac together without messing with the system partition. You have to use a virtualization software. You can find ample of them online. Just down one and then simply install windows on that. Update the drivers stuff and done. You can use mac and it will be give you a full Windows OS experience. The good part of using this it that you can remove windows without messing up with the internal partition. It will not change anything.