Thread: Windows 8 or Windows 7 for gaming

Windows 8 or Windows 7 for gaming

Which platform is best for gaming. Windows 8 or Windows 7. I am going to upgrade my system this time and I am planing to spend a good amount to buy a new high end system. I am getting a Windows 8 license at reasonable price. I want to know that for gaming purpose which is good Windows 7 or Windows 8. I had played a lot game on Windows 7 before and never faced any problem. But this would be the first time I am gong to use Windows 8. My aim is to build a good performance system.

Re: Windows 8 or Windows 7 for gaming

I consider Windows 7 because I trust it more than Windows 8. Windows 8 does not bring anything special. It just have a amazing UI and that's it. Windows 7 is lot more user friendly I think. It is simple to use and is compatible with series of hardware. While Windows 8 is not so amazing. Microsoft must have kept this operating system limited to tablet only. They had simply added the tablet ui on the desktop which screwed up windows entire experience. Don't go with windows 8 at all.

I am planing games from really long time and I think Windows 7 is the best. It is not due to the UI or other stuff, it si due to the compatibility. I had seen Windows 8 has issue with various hardware and still manufacturer are struggling to make all hardware compatible to the same. Especially when you are having a 64bit computer. Compare to that on Windows 7 the hardware works a lot more better without crashing. I am talking about the graphic card stuff. You get a good performance and the overall output is just amazing.

You had not used windows 8 well. If you are having a good hardware pc then using Windows 8 is worth. But if you are suing the same on a low end pc then surely Windows 8 is going to give you issue. Windows 8 is better in compatibility and will give you a more optimum solution. For gaming it is essential that you must have the latest high end hardware. Like the gpu with the most recent updated drivers. Dual gpu are more powerful than single one and you get better output from the same.

I had seen a lot of gaming pc and laptopthat comes loaded with Windows 8 and they work well. They do not crash or give problem. It right that the most required stuff here is a good amount of hardware to run the game. If you are having outdated one then surely you will face issue. You need a good processor, a pack of good ram and graphic card. And you can just play all type of games on the same. Adopting new operating system means having more stability and much better app support. Windows 8 is not buggy like Windows Vista.

The best thing to use for gaming is consoles. You cannot get the quality on pc. You get the bst graphics with high resolution and super smooth control. While in pc you face problem with graphic stuff and then if your pc gets hots then the game performance is affected. The best thing to go for is getting a console. You dont have to invest much on pc hardware for the same. This debate will keep on going on for the best gaming platform and I am quiet if you see the console quality that is the best one.