Thread: How to increase shutdown time on Mac

How to increase shutdown time on Mac

There is some performance issue with Mac pc. It takes a long time to shutdown. Before it was very fast. I installed a few software that consist of a screen recorder, a antivirus scanner and some video editors in the system. All of them are free to use. After adding this thing the system worked slowly and not giving out the output I am looking for. I want some help here to make this thing work a bit more faster. I dont know much about using the mac system. I am quiet sure there might be some way of fixing the problem.

Re: How to increase shutdown time on Mac

Try to remove a few program and check. Mac pc are simply amazing and they give you a proper output. You just have to get rid of some programs that you do not need. Second thing you can do is try using a good system cleaner software. There are so many. Just install and run the same and it will wipe out many unwanted things from the system. You can go in activity monitor to find out the amount of services which are working in the background. They are the one causing slow shutdown. Clear them.

Why dont you use a third party cleaning software. There are ample of them available for mac pc. You can install one and use that and I am quiet sure this is going to work a lot more better. You try a free tool and run that. This tool will automatically remove things which are not required. It will clean up the temporary files also and to some extent this is going to help you to boost your mac output. Just download a few software form the web and test the same. And then check back.

Here is the solution I found on the Macforums site:
    Enter the three commands into Terminal in the following order:
    • sudo chown root: admin /
    • sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    • sudo kextcache -system-caches

Note: You will asked for your password after the first command. These commands not break your system, even if you are not affected by this bug.

You can reset your mac system back to original state to boost up the performance. After using it for long time, applications and other service keeps on occupying the ram and cause slow output. You can restore the factory settings back again to boost up the output. For that you have to backup your data first. And do not keep the file in the system, just move that to some usb or in external hard drive. When you restore there are chances that all the partitions will be restored. You can also use Command-R for the same.

Removing the apps can help you to deal with the same. Mac system does not really cause much performance problem unless you really load a lot of things on the same. And this can be resolved really fast. You have to just locate the application that are causing the problem. By removing that you can speed up your mac system. It is very easy to find background apps on mac system through activity monitor. Just go in that and locate the same. You can try removing the same and then check once again.

You can start with cleaning up all the startup items. This are the most common problem with performance. There can be many things which are queued on startup. Like browser, toolbars, etc. You can disable the same first. Then comes the updates. This is a important point. Update your operating system to latest so that there can be a lot more stability in your system. Always check for new updates and do not forget to install that. If nothing works then keep the full restore as last option.