Thread: In Windows 8.1, how to remove popup tip box

In Windows 8.1, how to remove popup tip box

I have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I am new to this operating system. After it got installed successfully I started getting large popup boxes at the edge of the screen with some tips showing up like "swipe to switch between apps". I have tried many things to get rid of this boxes but it will not go away at all. So can anyone tell me how do I disable or remove this popup tick box that is showing constantly on my Windows 8.1? Thanks

Re: In Windows 8.1, how to remove popup tip box

Hi Egan,

• Do what the tip is asking. It will never appear again.
    • If you don't have a touch-screen, do it through Mouse pointer and it will never appear again.

Can you tell us whether this tip box appear while using applications or features for the first time? I was also facing the same thing and I was not even using any touchscreen display but still Windows 8.1 was thinking as if I am using one and touch away the popup. I was able to remove it after a lot of attempt by moving the mouse to the top left of the screen and then clicking to go to the last app I had open. Furthermore you can even swipe the arrow all the way to the right and it will disappear.

You can also try to disable the popup for Help Tips for all users by downloading the below registry key and double clicking on it. Just download the file from the below attachment and then save the file to your desktop. After that right click on it and extract it on your desktop with the help of winrar software. Now double click on the .reg file to merge it in your registry editor. After that you can delete this file and you have to restart your computer to take effect. After restart you wont see the annoying message again.
    Attached Files Attached Files