Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-07-2014

Charm bar freezing and not responding on Windows 8.1

I have recently upgraded my operating system from windows 8 to 8.1, it was working fine but from two days the charm bar is bothering me. It is not working. When I move the mouse cursor to the right it does not appear at all. I have tried lots of measure for this. I had keep formatting as last alternative. I had also removed a few programs from the pc but it did not helped. I remember when I hit Ctrl + F the charm bar appears from the right. But after update this thing keeps on freezing up.
Old 24-07-2014

Re: Charm bar freezing and not responding on Windows 8.1

The first thing you can try to overcome from this problem is that restore or reset your system. System restore will help you to restore all the changes you have made before. Through this you can fix any error. Windows create a restore point automatically when you add something new in the system. If still it dont work you have to run a repair setup. A repair installation which is accessible from the troubleshooting part of Windows 8 bootable disc. Boot and run that and do not forget to take data backup.
Old 25-07-2014

Re: Charm bar freezing and not responding on Windows 8.1

If you follow some simple steps stated below, it can help you. The first thing you have to do is boot your pc into safe mode. Restore all the changes you have made before and bring back your pc to normal setup. Now if you dont face any error then start System Configuration utility by typing msconfig in the start bot. Go to service tab, beside the ?Hide all Microsoft service? and disable all of them. Then restart your pc. I am quiet sure this is a issue with program incompatibility. Some thing in the pc is affecting windows output.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,