Thread: Windows 8 stuck on black screen with mouse cursor after update

Windows 8 stuck on black screen with mouse cursor after update

There is a bit weird issue with my system. I had updated recently to Windows 8.1. I had formatted my system due to virus issue and installed everything back again from scratch. But after that when I restart my pc the system is stuck on black screen and there is nothing. There is just a cursor. I want a bit help here to fix the issue. It is a fresh installation and I do not want to do everything back again from scratch. I am trying to find out the fix for the same. It is a bit complicated for me to make it proper.

Re: Windows 8 stuck on black screen with mouse cursor after update

You can use your windows installation disc to resolve the issue. I think this is some kind of startup error. All you have to do is boot your pc with the bootable disc. And from there you have to run startup repair. This will restore the boot-loader and you can get fix for the same. Just boot and go in the troubleshooting section. Where you can find more information about fixing startup issue. And run startup repair. Then try to restart the system back in normal mode and the issue will be resolved.

Re: Windows 8 stuck on black screen with mouse cursor after update

Just for testing purpose try to boost your system in safe mode and I am quiet sure that will also help you in fixing the issue. You have to restart the pc back in safe mode by hitting F8 continuously. If the system boots properly then you can go in event viewer to find out the log report. This report will give you detailed information on the current issues and you can fix the same. Just boot and check back. You can post the full error log here to get a bit more information on the troubleshooting part.