Thread: How to locate drivers for unknown hardware in Windows 7 Home Basic

How to locate drivers for unknown hardware in Windows 7 Home Basic

What are the possible options available through which I can find the drivers for some pending hardware of Windows 7. I am not able to find anything for the same. I am trying to find out some driver stuff but that is missing. The most common issue is with the lan driver. If I can get that then I can update it form internet. But it is not available. When I go on official site to find the drivers what I can find is only application, software and patches. I a am not able to get ay other stuff. Can anyone help.

Re: How to locate drivers for unknown hardware in Windows 7 Home Basic

If you can find the name of the hardware then it is possible to locate the driver for the same. For example in my old laptop when I formatted I was not able to find driver for the Bluetooth. Everything was working well. I found from the specification that it has some ATHEROS Bluetooth chip in it. And I was able to find the drivers for that manually from the web. It started working. You have to do the same thing. You have to locate the right version or name of that specific hardware or else it wont work.

Try using Hardware Scanner application in your windows system. You need a active internet connection for this. The tool will scan your entire pc and will locate all the internal hardware through which you can still find the drivers. You can instal all those things manually. It is the only way to get drivers. Or you can try using Windows Update which will also help you to do the same thing. Windows update offer you many drivers instantly with less effort. I get my graphic and audio drivers mostly with it.

There is one tool which can help you to find the driver as well the full information of hardware. It is called as DriverBooster. A worth buying driver updater software. I am using a free edition that allow me only two drivers in a day. And it is very simple to use. If you go with the full edition then you have to buy a license. This tool has always helped to get all the latest drivers without looking manually on the web. Just download a free edition and checkout. This will really help you.

Just go on Google and search for Intel driver update utility. You will need java update for the same. This utility will help you to locate the most latest drivers based on your chipset. And it will resolve problem with unknown devices. You will not have to use any third party driver updater utility for the same. Just download and run the same. It will take a bit time to scan the internal hard ware. I was having a bit issue with the graphic driver which got resolved due to this application.

If you just want the information then there is one more free app that can also help you in finding out the detail hardware information. You can download and install PC-Wizard in your system. It is by Cpuid. Just download and run the same. This utility will scan your system and will give you a detail information about all installed hardware in the system. You can then manually search for different hardware drivers and update it. It is a amazing and simple to use software. Just test it.