Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2014

How to control backlight on Linux based system

How to control the back light of Linux based pc. I am not having any hotkey setup for the same. I am looking for a nice brightness controller thing which is not working well. I am unable to use the function keys here. Which is not working well. I want some help here to get a simple tool through which I can manage and control the back light. I am quiet sure there are some of them available but I do not know to use them. Is there anyone who is using the the any kind of good app. I want keyword based control.
Old 15-07-2014

Re: How to control backlight on Linux based system

If you are using Ubuntu based system then you can use Backlight. This one is really fast and easy to use. It is simple and has easy option to deal with the backlight. There are some command line preferences also. You can go with that also. Through command line things would be complicated but it is the best way and effective. There are other apps for the same. Many laptops comes with ready to use hotkeys through which you can control the brightness stuff. And that too in simple way.
Old 16-07-2014

Re: How to control backlight on Linux based system

You can try some different application for the same. Or you can also do that through terminal. It is a big issue with Linux based system that hotkeys does not work. And those users who are not really good in using commands face issue. You can try updating the Intel drivers. You might get some keys working back again in the same. The settings for the same is placed in intel.conf file. To edit the file you have to run sudo touch /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf in terminal. There are few codes you have to add to enable the same.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,