Thread: Important things to install before making image recovery of windows 7

Important things to install before making image recovery of windows 7

I had formatted my pc and it is working really great. I want some advice before making a full recovery. I want to know what are the most important software to install before making the recovery image file. I do not want to overload my windows with unnecessary stuff. I want to just add those thing which are required and then I will make a system image file. So that in future if there is any issue I can restore things really fast. I had installed flash, and vlc player. What more thing should I add.

Re: Important things to install before making image recovery of windows 7

If you want a full working pc then there are few more things you have to add. Like you have to add a acrobat reader. This will allow you to open pdf files in your system. Then you have to add Microsoft Office also. Without that you cannot edit any of your word excel documents. This would add around 1GB of more space in the recovery but that would be enough. Just try this things and also install some essential windows update. This are necessary to make your system to work stable.

Re: Important things to install before making image recovery of windows 7

The best thing to do is get a updated antivirus in the image file. So that whenever you restore you can get the antivirus protection also. You can add a few essential applications like a pdf reader or browser like Firefox. And do not forget essential update. This are java, flash, dot net and visual c++. Without that the system will face issue with any game or software installation. This are required things for your system and then make a image file. Office and other apps can be installed later on.