Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2014

Linux Mint 17 USB Install failing with invalid file system error

There is some issue with Linux mint in my system. I a not able to figure out the reason behind that. I had downloaded a latest version which is Linux mint 17. I had created a bootable usb drive with the same and now it is not booting up. I am getting some invalid file system error. The system that I have is a complete new and it is not having anything. It is totally blank. I want some help here to install Linux mint in the same. I had tried doing that a number of time but it is not working. What can be the issue.
Old 15-07-2014

Re: Linux Mint 17 USB Install failing with invalid file system error

Try to recreate the usb drive and this time just ensure that files are properly copied. Because this looks like to be issue with the setup file. If this does not work then I will recommend you to find another version of Linux mint. I am quiet sure there is some issue with the setup you have. And you will have to get rid of the same. It will be a bit complicated for you to work on the same if the setup keeps on crashing. It is good to stick with Ubuntu or with any old version which will help you more in fixing the issue.
Old 16-07-2014

I also got that on Ubuntu. I was trying to install the same on a laptop which is having dos. It did not came with windows installation. I thought this will work well. I created a bootable usb drive through Linux Live USB Creator software. The system turned on well with that. I was able to see Ubuntu in Live mode. But when it comes to setup everything crashed with a invalid file system error. This is really weird. I then switched to windows. It was getting really complicated to install Ubuntu.
Old 18-07-2014

The error is because of improper partition. You have to check that first. I am quiet sure that will be enough to fix the issue. Do this, insert a windows bootable drive and format the partition to ntfs. Make a single one. Once you are done with that you can then go ahead with installing Ubuntu. You can add this OS with nice amount of swap space. That's it. Or you can try any other bootable formatting utility to get the right kind of partition format. I am quiet sure that would be enough to fix the issue.
Old 21-07-2014

It can be problem with the iso file that you had created. Just boot in live mode. And check that you are able to get the desktop or not. If you are getting that then it means the usb that you had created is proper. But if the live mode is not working then it means there is some issue with the Linux version you had downloaded. It will good if you can simply go ahead get a new one. Try a new version of Ubuntu. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue. You can directly download a usb bootable image.
Old 23-07-2014

I got this error on a new netbook on which I was trying to install Ubuntu. I was due to the hard drive. It was not partitioned properly. I started the system in live mode and through that I launched partition utility. This helped to create a new partition in ext4 format and I installed Linux on the same. It started working. There was no problem on the same. You also have to do the same thing. Just boot in the live mode and format the partition to a readable format. And test back.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,