Thread: Windows 8 setup crashing from iso

Windows 8 setup crashing from iso

I am trying to run windows 8 setup through a iso file. I had extracted all its content in a folder and there is a setup.exe file. I clicked on that and a windows screen appear. I clicked on install. I had selected the old partition. But after a few time at the time of expanding file the setup is stuck and it is not moving ahead. And I have to restart the pc. I had tried to do the setup once again but still it is not working. I want some help to fix the issue. I am trying to do this a number of time but it failed to work. Any help.

Re: Windows 8 setup crashing from iso

Try to run through a dvd instead. I think the setup file is damage or is having some issue due to which it is not moving ahead. You can also try changing the place where you had extracted the file. Just check that once and if it fails to work then you have to find a new file and through that you can run the setup. That will also work in the same manner. This will be easier. If it does not work then you have to arrange a new setup. You can use any cd to install and later use your license key to activate.

To run the setup you will need enough amount of space in the C drive. If the space is low then the setup is crash. There is a reason for the same. What happens when you run a setup directly from a iso file then instead of formatting your C drive it makes a windows.old folder. This folder has your old windows file. It is everything. It is your program files, my documents and entir windows folder. If your existing windows files are occupying around 40GB of space then that single folder will be of that size. And if you are low on c drive then it will crash.

Just run the setup through a usb drive. That will be also simpler. You can download and install windows 7 usb dvd tool. This tool will create a bootable pen drive for your system. You can boot by hitting F12 after restart. This will give you option to choose the default boot device. Choose one and boot the same. The setup will start from the pen drive and then you can install windows. That is the most easiest and safest way. Through this you can also format your c drive.

Windows.old folder is not a big issue. But it is essential that you must not open it when you are done with installation of windows. Because it will not delete then. And also there can be old malware which can spread. Usb process is also great. Things would be simple here. But you have to take care that your setup file is not damage. It must be perfect and working. If still the setup crash through pen drive then it means the setup is damage and you have to find a new one.

The best way is to use the bootable disc. Because that thing does not crash. And if you done with that then the next thing you have to do is create a system image. Burn that on a dvd. You can use the default windows recovery process or you can go with a third party image cloner software. This tool help you to generate a full image backup of your windows system through which you can restore your system back again as it was before. So that is more simpler. You dont have to format your system again and again.