Thread: Path does not exist error on Windows 8.1 while moving files

Path does not exist error on Windows 8.1 while moving files

I have a 32GB kingston pen drive. I had used the pen drive to format and install Windows 8.1 on my pc. Before there was Windows 7. I hd updated all required drivers and installed the applications I need. After that I am trying to copy a few movies from the D partition. But I am getting a error that path does not exist. I am copying by right clicking on the video file and choose send to F drive. But I get a error saying there is no path like that. What does the error indicate. I am using the pen drive from long time and this is the first time I got the error.

Re: Path does not exist error on Windows 8.1 while moving files

You can start by formatting your usb first. I am quiet sure that will fix the issue. Go in My Computer and right click on the pen drive. Choose format. This will wipe out windows setup file. And when you format Windows assign a drive letter and file partition on the same. Like NTFS or Fat. This is important for the pen drive to work. Then connect it back again. I am quiet sure it will work. Most of this removable media are plug and play. You dont have to update any drivers for using them.

There are two things you can do. First you can change the port and check. There are chances that any existing port is having issue. You can try putting the pen drive on different ports and then try to copy the file. If that does not work and give you the same kind of error then it means your system is not having the latest usb drivers. You will have to update that and check again. I am quiet sure that will resolve the issue. So just try that. Go on the official site of your system manufacturer and get the latest usb drivers.

Right click on my computer and click on manage. Click on Disk Management. From there just check whether the usb drive that you are using has proper drive path. Right click on it and format it if you are not having any important data in it. To fix the problem you can try one more thing. You can try using a third party file copier like Teracopy. Just download and install the same in your system. You can use this to copy files. Do not use the default right click copy paste method. Just try this one and check back.