Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-06-2014

Printer freezes after windows update in Windows 8.1 64 bit

I am running Windows 8.1, 64 bit. I have a Canon laser printer attached to my computer. Everything works fine. However after the latest windows update, whenever I give the print command in Word or Acrobat Reader, the application just freezes.
Also when I try to open the Control Panel / Devices and Printers that too freezes.
I even tried to reinstall the printer. It is very difficult to do. The moment i try to open anything related to printer in Control panel, the thing freezes up.
Finally I had to restore the system to a date earlier than the update and everything is running again.
What do I do?
Old 16-06-2014

Re: Printer freezes after windows update in Windows 8.1 64 bit

Please follow the below steps and then reply back:
  1. Click WIN+Q, type "Services.msc" in the open box and click OK.
  2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
  3. Click Stop and click OK.
  4. Click the Start Button, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the open window, and delete all files in this folder.
  5. Click the Start Button, click Run, type "Services" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
  6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
If any error is received, please let me know in details.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems