Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-05-2014

Windows Explorer crash on system startup on Windows 8.1

Whenever I start my pc it takes long time to show me the desktop. And then I get a error that explorer.exe is crashed. I log and login again back and then it works fine. It does not crash. I do not think there is any virus issue in my system.I want a bit help to resolve this problem and make it work more stable. There are lots of file on my desktop which does not open up. How to resolve this. I am using Avira antivirus.
Old 02-06-2014

Re: Windows Explorer crash on system startup on Windows 8.1

You might having too many programs on startup because of which you are facing the issue. It is important that you must first turn off all the applications that you are not going to use. You can do that from Msconfig. Just type this in the search box and launch it. Go on startup and there click on hide all Microsoft services. Then disable everything. You can skip the audio manager and your antivirus. Then restart and check back.
Old 04-06-2014

Re: Windows Explorer crash on system startup on Windows 8.1

I had faced the issue on Windows 7. When the system starts it becomes slow on startup and then crash. Right-click does not work. The issue was with an applications which was configured to launch automatically on startup. I am using a cloud storage that is giving me the issue. I removed the application and things are working fine. You have to check the same. Boot your pc in safe mode and remove things which you are not using.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,