Thread: Avipbb.sys bsod on Windows 8

Avipbb.sys bsod on Windows 8

I am getting a constant blue screen of death on Windows 8. I am not able to understand why. I checked inside Event Viewer and found that this was due to a file Avipbb.sys. I searched on Google and found that this file is associated with Avira. How to fix the problem. I am using Avira antivirus with malwarebytes. And sometime when I am working in between the system crashes with blue screen. Should I remove Avira from my pc.

Re: Avipbb.sys bsod on Windows 8

Leaving Malwarebyte aside is there any other security software which is installed in your system. You have to remove that. The antivirus is clashing with other one and giving you the problem. You just have to remove the same. Go in Start Menu > Control Panel and there click on Uninstall programs. From the list just see what all security software you don't really need and remove them. That will be enough to fix the issue.

Re: Avipbb.sys bsod on Windows 8

Remove avira and malwarebytes both from your pc. And then use it for a while. When it works fine then install Avira back and update your pc. Then test it. Then add malwarebyte back. If the system crashes again them it means Avira is not compatible with Malwarebytes. You have to use any of them to keep your system working properly. There are few other good anti-malware software which can help you in fixing the issue.