Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-05-2014

Context Menu Avira scan missing in Windows 8

I am unable to find a avira antivirus entry in the right click menu. I had tried to find that but it is missing. In many antivirus you have this option. You can right click and scan a specific file. But I am not able to find this. It looks like Avira is having a bit issue. I am using a old version here because it works very well. I had not updated this from a year. How to add that option back again.
Old 17-05-2014

Re: Context Menu Avira scan missing in Windows 8

You cannot add that separately. You can fix that by re-installing or you can switch your antivirus. I am using free edition of Avira that works really well. Once installed the antivirus is capable of scanning your pc and also you get the right click scan option. Most of the free antivirus are not effective when it comes to maximum protection. You have to take care about the same. The best thing here you can do is update to final version.
Old 19-05-2014

Re: Context Menu Avira scan missing in Windows 8

Just remove the version you are using and install the new one. You can download that from the official site. You will get a bit new features and also the performance is more better. Right click option will be added. The antivirus is not properly installed in your system due to which you are facing the problem. You have to re-install to make it work back again properly. Or try out AVAST. It is also a nice lightweight antivirus.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,