Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014

Want help to expand Windows 8 partition

I am getting a constant low disc space message on my screen. I checked the c drive and found that it has only 40mb left. This happen after upgrading to Windows 7. I had allotted around 20GB space to windows partition before. I due to low space the system is also working very slow. I am unable to get any appropriate solution for that. How can I expand the partition without crashing windows. I did that last time and got blue screen error.
Old 13-05-2014

Re: Want help to expand Windows 8 partition

You can clean up your C drive for that. There can be good amount of space consumed by downloads and windows updates. You can run disk cleanup. Many time when you upgrade there is a windows.old folder created. This folder has all your old files and it is a huge folder. You can run disk cleanup to remove it completely. Just run this and check all the boxes in it. This will resolve the issue.
Old 14-05-2014

You can expand that through Disk Management. But for this you have to keep a partition empty. Or else Disk Management does not detect the space. You can go in that by right clicking on my computer > manage. In that you have to click on the c drive and choose extend. If there is any empty partition left in your system the utility will locate it. You just have to select that and choose the size you want to add.
Old 14-05-2014

There is a more easy way of doing this. Most of the time Disk Management will not identify the free space. You can use Easeus Partition Magic. I am using this software from long time and it is very easy to use. It is works well partition resizing. You just have to drag the slider in this to add or remove space. It will not touch your data. Just download the free edition of this tool and test it. It is very easy to use.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,