Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014

Windows 8 failed to boot after uninstalling ubuntu

I had installed Ubuntu inside Windows 8 partition. I had done that through Ubuntu installer. I was just testing it. After when it was installed I got a dual boot menu. I can choose the OS from that. But I removed it from Control Panel. I had used wubi installer for the same. After removing my pc is just restarting. I cannot get in windows. How to fix this problem. I have a windows installation disc. I think the boot-loader is damage.
Old 08-05-2014

Re: Windows 8 failed to boot after uninstalling ubuntu

There are chances that the boot-loader is deleted. You can resolve this issue by using bootable EasyBCD. You can create a bootable usb and install EasyBCD in that. Just boot your system with that and in that you can add your windows operating system back again. You have to donwload the iso copy of this application which you can find from the internet. So just check this out and if this does not work then you have to instal windows back.
Old 08-05-2014

Re: Windows 8 failed to boot after uninstalling ubuntu

It is a basic problem. You can use Windows installation dvd for the same. Just insert the disc and boot your system with dvd. You have to go in bios to make changes. By default the optical drive is set as the default bootable media. But if not then you can also boot by hitting F12. You will get a install screen. At the left corner there is a repair button. Click on that and choose Startup Repair. Wait back. Once done restart your pc.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,