Thread: Reformatting Dell Optiplex GX260

Reformatting Dell Optiplex GX260

My system OS is corrupt. I am unable to boot in normal mode. I also tried safe mode here but that is also not working. I want a bit help here to reformat and install windows back again on Dell Optiplex GX260. My DVD drive has also stopped working. I tried to boot my system through that but it is not recognized. Anyhow I am going to loose all my data. Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

Re: Reformatting Dell Optiplex GX260

You can get your data but for that you have to arrange a optical drive. You can create a windows live cd. You have to boot your system with that and you can then navigate inside your hard drive. You can just copy paste the data from desktop or from partition to the usb drive. It is very simple to use a live cd. You can download a iso file from the web and then burn that to dvd. This will work and will give you a appropriate output.

Re: Reformatting Dell Optiplex GX260

You don't need that. You can also use a usb. But to make a bootable usb you will need a working pc. You can download windows usb dvd tool. This tool will make a boot pen drive through which you can install windows back. And you can also make a live bootable usb. That will help you backup your data. Download a Ubuntu iso and create a bootable usb dvd. Boot your system with that and backup and then format your pc.