Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014

Resizing partitions on Ubuntu 14.0

I had updated my Ubuntu Os to 14 version. I have a 500GB drive among which 100GB is reserved for the operating system. I some option to resize the partition and make it more smaller. I also have 400GB single partition. I want to split that. In Windows we have Disk Management utility. What about Ubuntu. What features we are having in that through which we can resize the partition and reduce it.
Old 03-05-2014

Re: Resizing partitions on Ubuntu 14.0

You can do that through the live cd. I will not recommend you to touch Ubuntu partition. But the other 400Gb can be splitted into different size through the live disc. Just boot your system through that and you have a disk utility in that. Through which you can delete the partition first and then split them into different size. This is the easiest way to do. You can create separate partitions with that.
Old 05-05-2014

Re: Resizing partitions on Ubuntu 14.0

I had seen various solution for this. But all says that we need a bootable cd for resizing the partition. What if one is not having a bootable disc. Then how he will be able to shrink the partition. There must be some tool for that which can work effectively for resizing the partition. Like for windows we are having EASEUS Partition Magic software. This software is very easy to use. Is there something like for Ubuntu also.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,