Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2014

Cleaning the hard drive will help to increase Windows 8 performance

My system is having a decent hardware configuration and even after that it is slow. I am unable to figure out why. It takes a bit long time to launch a app. I am using Microsoft Office, Acrobat Reader and Movie Maker. Other things I had installed is Skype and Yahoo Messenger with Firefox. That's it. I am having 500GB of hard drive among which 380 is filled up. Does deleting the files will make the system work faster.
Old 22-04-2014

Re: Cleaning the hard drive will help to increase Windows 8 performance

It is not really necessary to delete the files. You can run disk defragmentation which will help. It is right that when there are high amount of data no your drive the system will work slow. You can run defragmentation so that all your data is properly organized on the drive and there can be a 10 to 15% of enhancement.
Old 23-04-2014

You can use a good tuneup program. One that comes loaded with everything. Tuneup utilities is the best among all. This program has effective ways of keeping your system performance good. Just download and add the trail edition and check back. I am sure this will give you a bit decent output and will also increase the performance.
Old 25-04-2014

It is a issue if your drive is a low rpm drive. I am having a 7200 rpm drive that works really fine. I am using this drive from long time and it is almost full. It is a 1TB drive. Compare to that I am having a secondary drive which is 500GB and it is slow. Because it is a 500MB drive. The best thing you can do is use some disk optimization software. There are many available and see whether you are getting proper output or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,