Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-04-2014

memory problem playing full screen games on Windows 8.1 64bit

I am having problems after upgrading Windows 8.1 64bit while gaming. When ever I am trying to play any new high end games like Assassins Creed 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts then I am getting an error message stating "low memory" on my computer continuously. I am having 4GB of memory and also an Nvidia 600 series graphics card installed in my computer. I have noticed that when start to play any games then the memory consumption rises more and more. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks
Old 19-04-2014

Re: memory problem playing full screen games on Windows 8.1 64bit

Can you try to perform a clean boot and see if that helps, for that just follow the below method:
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
  2. Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig.
  3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
  4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
  5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
  6. Close Task Manager.
  7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
More information is given on this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Old 22-04-2014

I think that you are facing this issue because of the resolution that you are using for your desktop. The resolution in my computer is 1600 x 900 and my native resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I am using the second resolution for gaming. I have found out that when I set the same resolution to the same of my desktop then I am not facing this issue. When the desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 and when I play game in 1600 x 900 then I am also getting the low memory issue.
Old 23-04-2014

Well, you have not mentioned what is the program that is using the most of your memory in the Task Manager, is it the game only or some other application. I dont think that this is a single game's problem since it wont be using that much of RAM alone. The problem could be also related to a bad motherboard or RAM which might be at fault. You can try to test the RAM with memtest and see if the test goes clean or if it produces error.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,