Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-04-2014

Can Windows Auto-import will import duplicate pictures

How can I allow windows to import duplicate files in My Documents. I am looking for a way for doing. Many time I connect my camera and I do not really remember the last time when I had imported my files. Most of the time it gave me a duplicate file error. This is a bit weird. I want some option through which I can allow the pc to take all the files. Even when they are duplicate.
Old 18-04-2014

Re: Can Windows Auto-import will import duplicate pictures

I don't think you can do that in Windows. You have to use a third party software for that. There are various image importer available which you can use to manage your photos. I am using ACDSee. It is a complete image manager. Import files, modify them, rename them instantly, etc. Just test it and see whether it gives you all features or not. You can also go ahead with manual copy paste in different folder's sorted by date.
Old 19-04-2014

You can do that by deleting previouslyacquired.db file. But this will only work once. Each time when you import you have to go go in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Photo Acquisition and delete previouslyacquired.db file. This file created once you import the file. It has info of imported content and you get duplicate file message. So just remove it and try back. It is a manual process but works.
Old 21-04-2014

Windows auto-import is not having a feature to rename files. That is the reason you get issue. You must simply to do that manually. Go in the camera folder copy all the file by pressing Ctrl + A and then copy it. Then past it. If there are duplicate files Windows copy will give you a screen where you can tell Windows to copy the file by renaming it. Or you can use Teracopy for that. There is a direct rename button available on it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,