Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-04-2014

How to modify the default import folder of Windows 8.1

How to change the default import folder in Windows 8.1. When I connect my mobile phone I am getting a popup on the screen. It has a import picture button. When I click on that all the images are in My Pictures. I want to change that. If I format the pc anytime I will loose everything. I also want to do the same for videos. I had tried checking in control panel but cannot find anything there.
Old 18-04-2014

Re: How to modify the default import folder of Windows 8.1

You can do that from Import settings. when you connect a pen drive or a camera to your pc you get the autoplay popup. In the same dialog box you can see a import settings. Click on that and here you will find Import Pictures and Video dialog box. Then click on More setting and modify the same. You can browse through the folder that you want to save all the files.
Old 19-04-2014

You can do that by tweaking the registry of Windows and I think it will work in your case also. But remember that tweaking registry can generate other errors. So better backup before moving ahead. You have to launch registry editor and go in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Photo Acquisition\Camera and Portable Device. There you can see a AcquisitionFlags. Set the value to 82 for this and then test back.
Old 21-04-2014

I had used that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Photo Acquisition\Camera and Portable Device settings. It really work. I am using this on my laptop. I had option to change the location. It is very easy to work. You can set the location to the removable storage which will work really fine. But if this does not work then better restore the old registry files back again. That will help.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,