Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-2014

Unable to play old games on Windows 8 Basic Display Driver

I had upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 8. After upgrade the new version of Windows did not asked about any new driver updates. There were some pre-installed games which I added back in the new edition. This games work well on Windows 7, but when I am trying to run it on Windows 8 it is not working. It is running on the same windows basic display driver which was installed in Windows 7. Can anyone help.
Old 15-03-2014

Re: Unable to play old games on Windows 8 Basic Display Driver

Try to add the drivers manually. Depending on your motherboard model find the right driver version. I had seen that Windows 8 has a separate drivers. After adding that there are chances that the game will start working back again. I do not recommend to upgrade because of issue with old files. Most of the time ample of drivers fails to work. The best thing is to format your pc and install everything back again from scratch.
Old 18-03-2014

I agree with that. Upgrades are not always stable. I had faced various problem when I went head with normal upgrade procedure. I was having a home basic edition of Windows 7 and later I upgraded to Windows 8. But after that I was getting very poor resolution. I was not able to change that. To fix it I had formatted my pc and installed everything back again from scratch. It worked.
Old 19-03-2014

Did you tried running windows update. It can also help you to find the right drivers. Windows update is the best way to add more stability to your system. Running old games is not a big deal, but if you are having a very old driver then things will keep on crashing. You will also have to install the latest version of DirectX on your system. All this things are automatically installed via Windows Update.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,