Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2014

Windows 8 slow on Vmware running on Windows 7

I have a 64bit system with 8GB ram on it. I am trying to configure Windows 8 on Vmware. The system already has Windows 7. I want to test Windows 8 before upgrade. I had not yet seen the new things in it. I was able to find a iso file for the same. I had tried installing it but the system is getting really slow after launching vmware. Windows 8 in it also takes long time to start.
Old 12-03-2014

Re: Windows 8 slow on Vmware running on Windows 7

Go in the settings and try to provide a bit more ram. I think providing around 3GB is good to make the OS working smooth. By default Vmware itself configure the ram and required storage space. But you can extend that more easily. If still this is not working then you have to find out a different setup file. There can be some issue with your edition. You can test a trail edition easily.
Old 13-03-2014

Just remove vmware first. Then simply update all your system drivers. Once done check your system usage. You can find that in Task Manager. If ram and cpu usage is high then you have to simply remove resource intensive applications. There can be virus also. You are having 8GB of ram which is is quiet enough to run vmware. But still if it working slow then there is something which is using up the cpu.
Old 14-03-2014

Try a different virtualization software. Text Virtualbox. Performance issue is quiet common if you are having a old processor. Cpu like Intel Core i5 works really nice. And if you have a 64bit system then it must work fast. Just for testing purpose download a Linux os. You can download any lightweight distro and install that in Vmware. See whether it is working slow or not. If it is working fine then the issue lies with the windows setup.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,