Thread: Want some help to speed up Windows 7 after removing Tune-Up Utilities

Want some help to speed up Windows 7 after removing Tune-Up Utilities

I had installed Windows 7 on my desktop. I had upgraded that from Windows XP. It was working bit slow. So I bought Tune-Up and installed it in it. The system worked fine for few weeks, but it is getting slower. After removing Tune-up the system is much slower than before. I do not want to install it back again as it is of no use. I want some help here to speed up Windows 7 and make it work much more faster.

Re: Want some help to speed up Windows 7 after removing Tune-Up Utilities

It looks your system has really low amount of ram due to which it is slow. I will recommend you to add that to boost your system output. Or else things will not work fine. I was using 1GB ram on my windows system before. Many applications where taking a long time to open up. But later on I had upgraded that to 1GB more and the system is quiet working fine. There is no issue with it. The system is fast enough and I am able to run multiple applications on the same.

Tune-up does not really help much. I had also used that. It is not fixing up the OS. You have to check internally. What all things are working and causing the slow down of your system. Like what apps are loaded in the ram. You have to remove those things which you don't use and that will be enough to make your system work faster. Avoid installing new things unless it is needed. Go in Task Manager and terminate all unwanted programs.

Disable all the themes. That will make your system work more faster. Instead of adding a image in the background add a black color. And turn off all theming stuff. It is right that Windows 7 will need a bit more amount of ram to give you good speed. Or else it is not going to work as per your expectation. According me you must have atleast 2GB of ram to get maximum output. Application will be slower on 1GB. You must have not installed Windows XP on the same.

There are few windows thing that you can do to get speed as per your expectations. Like turning off things from startup. You can type msconfig in the Start > Run box and hit enter. In that you have to go in Startup and disable things which are not needed. Reboot your pc and check back. If still it is slow go in control panel > uninstall a program and get rid of things which are not needed. This will make your system to work better. You can try Free Windows Tuner software to get a bit more speed.

There are chances that your system is having virus. Most of the time 1GB RAM is quiet enough to give you good system output. There is no need to go ahead with upgrades. You have to see the system usage. You can go in Task Manager and checkout that. See what amount of ram and cpu is consumed. If it is quiet high then it means there are virus in your system. Try to backup your data first so that if you go ahead with formatting you won't loose anything. Get a good antivirus and scan your system under safe mode.

Removing unwanted program from your system will be quiet enough to get the kind of output you are looking for. To get good output you must use a third party uninstallers. Like Revo. There are few free one also available. Just install this on your system. The tool will scan your pc and will give you the list of programs. You can one by one tick on them and remove it. This kind of uninstallers are also like a system cleaner. They not only remove the program but also clean the left files.

Windows 7 Visual effects are the common reason behind slow system output. You must disable them to get good speed. For that you have to go in Advance System settings. In that on the left side you have to tap on Advance and click on Performance Section. Then just click on Settings and go int he Performance Option Window. You have to click under Visual effects and disable things which you do not need. Do the same for sound also.